Come and see for yourself ~ inspection warmly invited.
PRICES FOR BOARDING GUESTS from 1.4.17 until 31.4.18
▪ One occupant: £12 per day
▪ Two cats (from same home) sharing: £18 per day
▪ Three cats (from same home) sharing family chalet: £21 per day
▪ Four cats (from same home) sharing family chalet: £24 per day
Collection service (within 12 mile radius): per trip £15.00
Extra grooming/dematting above normal care: per half-hour £20.00
Complete worming course for guests (usually with Drontal cat) : per cat £5.00
- Fees are charged for both the day of arrival and day of departure to allow for essential disinfection and airing time, and for preparation and pre-heating of chalets.
- Heating, insurance, grooming (coat, claw and tooth care) are all included. There is no extra charge for prescription or unusual diets but a minimum of 7 days notice is required to allow us to source them please.
- All cats must have current vaccination certificates for feline enteritis and cat ‘flu, to the recommendation of their vet. The course should be completed at least ten days before the date of boarding. Please telephone if this is a problem. We understand that there will be special cases such as immune-suppressed cats where the vet may advise against vaccine.
- In the event of a cat becoming ill whilst in our care, your own vet will be consulted. If it is reasonable to do so, your own vet will be used for any treatment required. Where your vet is more than 30 minutes drive away, we will use our own vet who can liaise with yours for medical history. Subsequent veterinary treatment decisions are best between vet and owner so it is advisable you leave a contact number or we must act on the vet’s advice in your place. The cattery insurance covers vet fees except for pre-existing conditions, kittening and vaccinations.
PAYMENT OF BOARDING FEES:
A deposit of £4 per cat per day is payable at the time of booking with the balance due at the time of collection. In the event of an owner returning before the end of a booked period the full period will be charged. Deposits for bookings cancelled at less than six weeks notice (prior to start of stay) will NOT be refunded.
Payment may be by cash, crossed cheque, BACS or postal order. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Specialcats of Ayr’. If you would like to pay by electronic banking (BACS) please contact us for bank numbers. Payments should be sent along with the completed booking form to:
Specialcats of Ayr, Weston Cottage, Weston Brae, Annbank, Ayr, KA6 5EY.
Early booking for popular holiday periods (Christmas, Easter, school holidays etc.) is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions about booking at Specialcats please use the form below or phone us on 01292 520543
When transporting your cat please ensure he/she is in a secure basket or container or wearing a properly fitting harness. Travel can be stressful for a cat. You can lessen the stress by using pheromone sprays on baskets; by rehearsing the route to us using online mapping and visiting by yourself; visualising to your cat where you are heading, letting your cat know how relaxed and safe he will soon feel.